March 08, 2013
Today, MZ Strategies, LLC was certified by the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Minority Business Enterprise as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE). As the owner and principal of MZ Strategies, Mariia Zimmerman says, "I look forward to the new opportunities and partnerships that this certification opens up to work with other great firms on transportation, planning and urban policy issues here in Virginia."
The DBE certification qualifies MZ Strategies to work on projects throughout the Commonwealth in the following categories:
- Land use planning services
- Administrative and General management consulting services;
- Strategic planning consulting services
- Transportation management consulting services
- Political consulting services; and,
- Public relations consulting services
In order to achieve DBE certification, a business must be at least 51% owned or operated by minorities, women, disabled and non-profit organizations serving the disabled population. The firm must also meet the small business size standards established by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
MZ Strategies, LLC is a woman-owned small business based in Arlington, Virginia offering policy and planning consulting services.